Monday 31 January 2011

Seth Bullock Sketch

To capitalise on my new-found creative enthusiasm, I intend to try and use the first hour of each day as good old "me" time, and doodle anything I feel like, just as a way of getting warmed up. (Think of it as some mild, static stretching ahead of a brisk jog). If the fruits are worth sharing, I shall post them here.

So here is today's effort. I was quite recently chatting with my chum about the wonder that is/was HBO's Deadwood (RIP). Lord I miss that show. Only three series: absolutely criminal. Anyway, the chat inspired me to have a go at drawing the fervent and fiery Seth Bullock. And here he is. (1 hour, Photoshop & Painter).

2 comments:

Heisker said...

This is some cool man.

What about Cy Tolliver or Doc Cochran? It's all about the facial hair. Or Reverend Smith, with that fevered look in his eyes and the Good Book clutched in one hand? Ooh, the possibilities...

Alex Leonard said...

I know!! There's almost too many to pick from! They all provide such awesome caricature/cartoon material. I feel I must continue by doing Swearengen next though. It only seems right…